In an effort to reduce our footprint, we have collected the care instructions for all our collections on one easy to reach page for you. If you have any questions about caring for your jewelry please reach out to us at info@fohjewelryandsuch.
The Carrie-Anne Collection
- These little pots are very durable. If you would like to use essential oils, simply add a drop or two into the pot. It will absorb into the unglazed interior and last a few days (depending on the oil blend used). Repeat as needed.
- These items are to be used as jewelry only. They are a choking hazard and not suitable for young children. Glazes may not be food safe.
The Ivana Collection
- Metal parts are plated; do not use chemical cleaners. Do not get pieces wet as this could damage the rope and leather materials used on the pieces.
- The Jovana Collection
- Metal findings are plated; do not use chemical cleaners. Do not get pieces wet as this could affect the metal. Resin can be wiped clean with a damp soft cloth or rag.
- Please do not heat this necklace. It is durable and waterproof, but should be kept away from heat or prolonged sunlight. Avoid showering with the necklace as well as exposing it to perfumes, hairspray, deodorants, nail polish removers, or household cleaners.
The Kate Collection
- In time there will be oxidation white spots on jewelry. To prevent these spots you should clean them with soft wet fabric.
- Please do not wear in the shower or while swimming. Do not keep in accommodation with high humidity (especially in a bathroom and sauna). If water gets on the jewelry, simply wipe it away with a dry cloth.
- Do not use chemicals to clean any part of your piece as it might remove the patina. Just use, clean water and dab with a clean cloth.
- Clean your piece with soft wet fabric. Use microfiber tissue or a polishing cloth to maintain its original luster.
- While these pieces are made for daily wear, glass is fragile. It can be broken if it falls or is hit against something hard. Please keep this in mind while wearing your pieces and try to be as careful as possible to avoid broken glass.
- In time the metal’s natural color may partially appear(silver). In our opinion this trait doesn't spoil the jewelry's appearance, but gives it an antique flare!
The Jessica Collection
- Rings should be taken off when you wash your hands; wire wrapped rings are not as durable as cast or fired rings and should be treated with care due to the delicate wire and nature of the bead used. Keep small jewelry items away from children to prevent choking hazard.
- Vintage materials and plated metals should not be cleaned with chemical cleaners. Use a dry or slightly damp soft cloth to wipe clean. Do net get pieces wet as this could affect metals and vintage materials appearance.
The Tara Collection
- You can clean sterling pieces with a standard sterling silver cloth or cleaner. Brass, surgical steel, and resin pieces can be wiped down gently with a damp soft cloth or alcohol wipes.
- These pieces are durable, but should be kept away from heat or prolonged sunlight. Avoid showering with the necklace as well as exposing it to perfumes, hairspray, deodorants, nail polish removers, or household cleaners.
Fair Trade Golden Grass Jewelry
- Metal findings are plated; do not use chemical cleaners. Do not get pieces wet as this could affect the metal. Golden grass can be gently wiped clean using a damp soft cloth.
Fair Trade Philippines Jewelry
- Metal findings are plated; do not use chemical cleaners. Do not get pieces wet as this could affect the metal.
Fair Trade African Jewelry
- Metal findings are plated; do not use chemical cleaners. Do not get pieces wet as this could affect the metal and paper beads.
- These items will be made from a variety of materials and stones. As a general rule, do not use chemical cleaners on any pieces. Instead wipe clean with a dry or damp soft cloth.
- It is not advised that you clean vintage jewelry. As vintage jewelry ages it will get a natural patina mainly on metal findings. If you find you want to clean these pieces try using a damp cloth to wipe clean.